Sampling and Analysis of Atmospheres
Molecular Spectroscopy and Chromatography
Occupational Health and Safety
LWG Expert Advantage
- Extensive industrial and laboratory experience as well as Analytical Chemistry, Geophysics and Science Communication.
- Over the years has been involved in the process of developing, reviewing and approving numerous ASTM standards (American Society for Testing and Materials).
B.S. and M.S., Interdisciplinary Physical Science
Legal & Insurance Claims Experience
Over 30 years of expert technical assistance, including:
- Chemical and environmental forensics
- Hazardous waste materials
- Laboratory testing
- Hazardous materials handling
- Regulatory Compliances
- Fire and explosions at hazardous waste management facilities
- Injury or chemical exposure claims due to hazardous materials or hazardous materials operations.
Facility Manager & Technical Director
Marketing Manager & Manager of Business Development
Manager Cement Kiln Services, Safety-Kleen Corp
Representative Project List
- Identified the nontypical source of dioxin emissions from a cement plant and assisted counsel in defending the client company from associated enforcement action.
- Identified the causes of an explosion and fire that resulted in a fatality at a hazardous waste management facility and assisted with the defense in the resulting civil case.
- Testified at trial on behalf of plaintiffs in a case involving an industrial burn accident at a cement plant.
- Provided technical reports and assisted counsel during hearings regarding an adjudicated permit for a cement plant in the state of New York.
- Testified at trial on behalf of plaintiffs in a case involving the release of oily waste from a containment structure failure.
- Provided an expert report and assisted counsel during settlement negotiation on an enforcement case brought by the federal EPA against a hazardous waste management company.
- Provided an expert report that identified the cause of an explosion and fire of a rail car containing hazardous waste derived from the process of manufacturing toluene diisocyanate.
- Provided an expert report that identified the cause of a fire and explosion in storage tanks containing flammable solvents.
- Provided an expert report and testified for over a day relative to an adjudicated permit hearing in the state of Texas for a hazardous waste management facility.
- Provided an expert report in a civil case relative to patents on a process for using waste materials in an industrial process.
- Provided an expert report in a civil environmental enforcement case on behalf of a union representing workers at the plant which was the subject of the complaint.
- Assisted counsel to prepare for a civil case relative to environmental damages to an adjoining property.
- Expert opinion letter provided relative to criminal complaint regarding violation of RCRA hazardous waste management regulations.
- Work place sampling and data interpretation provided relative to potential toxic metal worker exposure in a civil case.
- Identified the cause of and wrote an expert opinion letter regarding an explosion and fire that injured an employee at a hazardous waste management facility.
- Wrote an expert report relative to a civil case on behalf of the injured plaintiff regarding the explosion of an aerosol can.
- Fellow of the American Institute of Chemists (FAIC)
- Currently serves on the American Institute of Chemist Editorial Review Board.
- Sits on various committees for ASTM International.
- Over the years he has been involved in the process of developing, reviewing and approving numerous ASTM standards.
- Member of the American Chemical Society, American Association for the Advancement of Science, International Society of Environmental Forensics and an Associate Member of the American Bar Association (ABA)-Section of Environment, Energy & Resources